Just another week...

I don’t know if I have mentioned it lately but, I love what I do.  I am beyond blessed to be in a place where I get to love kids, exerience a different culture, and serve others in the name of the Lord. All in all it is a pretty sweet deal. One of my favorite things is that no two days look the same.  I wanted to take some time and show you what I might get to do during any given week. 

 Mondays….
That is my crazy and somewhat chaotic desk that I share with Lauren at Mission Adelante.  I usually spend some quality time with my desk on Monday afternoons responding to emails, entering attendance data, and making copies.  Depending on the evening I might go and visit a family by myself or with one of the Kids’ Club mentors.












Tuesdays….            
I get to spend all day on Tuesdays at Mission Adelante.  My days are filled with getting stuff ready for Kids’ Club.  I write lessons, make more copies, and get group boxes ready.  We also have staff meeting on Tuesdays where we get together as a whole staff and share what the Lord is doing. 









 Wednesdays…

Wednesday afternoons I spend time with a few of the 4th grade girls from Kids’ Club.  We do homework, and hang out.  A few weeks ago we carved pumpkins.  I love these girls and am so blessed to get to spend time with them each week.

Thursdays…
Thursday afternoons I get stuff ready for our Bible Study that meets on Saturday mornings.  In the evening our Missional Family gathers for a meal and prayer.  The members of our Missional Family have commited to serving the Bhutanese in an extravagant way.  Many have purcahsed homes in our target neighborhood, or are looking towards making that transition.  I love getting to spend time with them and enjoy getting the chance to catch up with them about what is going on in the community. 






Fridays...
Large PreviewMost Fridays are Sabbath but this past week our friend Chris Hale who sings with a group called Aradhna came and taught us how to worship Jesus in Nepali cultural music.  To hear more about it check out David's article in the Adelante Express.


Saturdays...



On Saturday morning I put on my Children's Minister hat.  I don't have a big room, or fancy projector, or even a classroom. I'm one of very few people there who speaks English as their first language.  I meet with the kids in an upstairs bedroom of a duplex, while the adults study downstairs.   It is beautiful.  Please pray for these gatherings if you think about it.

Sundays...
Sundays look different depending on the week.  Some weeks I gather with a group of ladies from the Gathering Network to learn about leadership, other weeks I go visit partner churches to talk about the work going on at Mission Adelante, and occasionally I just need to take a break. 
David and Holly shared a few weeks ago how the Lord has grown them and used them in their work with the Bhutanese. 

No comments