community

I've been learning a lot about community lately, more specifically what it means to live in community.  When you live in community you don't get to do things in isolation, and it is a beautiful thing.  When  you live in Biblical community you have a responsibility towards the other members of the community, and they have the same one towards you.  You have to require growth from the members, and sometimes it is tough.  You have to listen and allow others to speak truth in to your life out of love.  You understand that your common goal is Christ-likeness.

I am so thankful for friends in my community that have become my family.  They hold me accountable.  The challenge me to grow.  They make me open up, even if it is painful and sometimes it involves tears.They invite me in to their homes, and come and visit mine. They feed me, and let me love on their kids.

Yesterday, I was in Hobby Lobby and was listening to a middle-aged woman talk for about 5 minutes about her dog.  Now, there is nothing wrong about loving your dog.  (Trust me, I have grown up with dogs, have one now, and yes sometimes I treat them like they are human)  But, it got me thinking and my attitude shifted from fear (of not wanting to be the woman with the dog), to thankfulness.  I am so thankful, because I have the chance to invest in and love on other peoples kids like they are my own and will be able to share stories about them, not just my dog. 

I know this is kind of rambling, and many not make 100% sense, but I am just overwhelming thankful for the community the Lord has put me in. 

No comments