Here's to 32

It's been a while.Two years to be exact.

30 has, come and gone.  Which in and of it's self is pretty humbling.30 was fine.  Nothing too crazy.

I reached being fully funded for the first time at work, drawing a full salary for the first time in in over 4 years.  There were some great moments of Jesus breakthrough with the kiddos I worked with.  We saw tremendous growth in our ministry. Both our Tuesday night program and our after-school program grew and multiplied.  I became a boss.  Supervising first 1, and then 3 staff members, and leading our youth and kids ministries.

31 was a little bit different.  A little tougher on a personal level.My sister got really sick, and ended up with emergency surgery and 11 days in the ICU.  While Tiffany was in the hospital, I had knee surgery(I know, my poor parents).  I lost my Granny in January, and Popo in June.

31 had a few good moments.  Disney with my mom, sister and nephews.  Camp with some amazing girls.  Great moments in community with friends in neighbors. Learning to ask for help.

But, somewhere along the line, I realized that I had lost track of who I was.  I got caught up in doing and forgot how to be.  I realized I had become tired, weary, and stoic. I had lost joy. I was becoming bitter.

I didn't like myself.

I was burnt-out.

So, when 32 arrived, I made some resolutions.  Not something you normally do in August, but you know, it works. I decided that I wanted 32 to look different.

I want to waste time.

I want to laugh.

I want to pray more.

I want to be ok with things getting messy.

I want to stop looking to others for approval and affirmation.

I want to to say something other than "busy" or "tired" when people ask how I am doing.

I want to be an encourager, not just someone that is in desperate need of encouraging.

I want to be healthy, in all aspects.

I want to figure out what I enjoy, and get back to doing it.

So, here's to 32, to getting a life, and remembering who God made me to be.

(and, I like writing, so maybe it will be less than two years before I write again:-))

A few photos from the past 2 years...






No comments