Trusting the Father

Sometimes as we were wrapping up things at Mission Adelante I would go and work from the IHOP Prayer Room.   As I was doing some journaling and planning for the end of things, I noticed a dad and daughter walking around the edge of the room.

Growing up with a sister in a wheelchair I am always reminded of her, and what I learned growing up when I see kids with some kind of exceptionality.  I had seen this girl and her father at the prayer room before and noticed them because she was blind and maybe had an additional developmental delay. As I watched them interact I noticed that the daughter was 100% at peace in the prayer room, and so much of it seemed to stem from the fact that she was with her father. They walked around the edge of the room, her father guiding her the whole time.  She was completely dependent on him for safety and guidance. Occasionally they would stop walking and she would dance, and it was a dance of great joy.  A dance of celebration and worship.

I learned a lot from that little girl in just about 20 or 30 minutes.  I was reminded what trust looks like, true, honest, steadfast trust.  I was reminded that the Father has got this.  As I am in a season of disorientation, he knows the right direction.  There may be obstacles, but there will be joy and dancing.  And most of all, he has me.  He isn't  going to lead me into a place or a season where I can not be safely tucked into the crook of his arm as we make our way around. 

No comments