5 years...

So I realized today that I graduated from college 5 years ago this weekend.  
Yep, 5 years ago.  It got me thinking about what a crazy journey the Lord has led me on over the past 5 years.  
Little known fact: After I graduated I worked as a puppeteer.  Yet, that's right.  A puppeteer.  As a job.  
No, not Sesame Street.  
I hung out with these guys:
These are the Kids on the Block.  They travel to schools and teach kids about differences.  They cover everything from wheel chairs, to Epilepsy to bullying. It didn't last for more than a few months because I got in to grad school to become a teacher. 
So I went to grad school and subbed for about a year.  Then, I graduated again. 

Then I had an amazing first year of teaching in Nashville. 
Wasn't my room cute?  
Then I traveled Europe with two of my best friends.
Then I moved back to Kansas.  
And then I had the worst second year of teaching imaginable.
But, the Lord redeemed that year by introducing me to my beautiful friends.  

I loved being with my friends so much that I quit my teaching job to spend more of my time with them.  I started to raise funds to be able to spend all of my time with them. Over the past year and a half we have had so much fun together, grown, loved and laughed.  

If you would have asked me 5 years ago where I would be now I would have probably said NOT in Kansas City.  Now, I can't imagine being anywhere else.  It is amazing the wonderful things the Lord brings in to your life when you follow his leading.  He might even take you where you said you would never go.  

No comments